Wednesday 26 October 2016

Creamy Chicken with Mushrooms and Onions

This is my comfort food - chicken with onions, garlic and mushrooms. I found a healthy recipe, and adapted it to suit my family. I think I could make it in my sleep. I think I could eat it in my sleep too. All m favourite things.

You'll need

6 chicken breasts, skinless and trimmed (200g/7oz each)
2 onions, finely chopped
1 teaspoon crushed garlic
1 punnet mushrooms, sliced
250ml chicken stock
250ml crème fraîche
1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley/oreganum for garnish
1 broccoli, steamed, to serve

Fry the chicken breasts in a pan sprayed with olive oil for 10 minutes. Set aside.

Add a little more oil to the same pan and fry the onion for 2-3 minutes, or until translucent. Add the garlic and fry for another 1-2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and fry until golden-brown. If they start to stick, add a little stock to the pan.

Return the chicken to the pan and stir in the stock. Bring to the boil. Cover with a tight fitting lid, lower the heat and simmer for 12-15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.

Stir the crème fraîche and parsley into the sauce and serve immediately with the cooked broccoli.

SaveSave

No comments: