Friday 14 October 2016

Friday Book Share

It's finally Friday.

It means we get to link up with these wonderful Blogs and share our favourite things - Books.

BookBeginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader, and The Friday 56 - hosted by Freda’s Voice are where you'll find them. Both involve sharing excerpts from a current book - the beginning and - you guessed it - page 56.







My book this week is 


The Underachieving Ovary by JT Lawrence. 




I read this book over a full-of-fun weekend. It was hilarious and tragic simultaneously. The story of the author's infertility journey, told with wit, sarcasm and humour. 

Here's my review, and the Goodreads link.

Tell me what you're reading in the comments, and I'll pay you a visit. 

Happy reading everyone.

11 comments:

Breana M. said...

This seems like an interesting book. Thanks for mentioning it. :-)

sherry fundin said...

My first thought was to smile, then I paused. Good tease.
sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

Unknown said...

Sounds fun and informative. I'm curious.

My Friday 56 from Bulletproof Badge

Anonymous said...

This sounds both hysterical and heartbreaking. Infertility is one of those things that you either laugh in the face of or it feels like it will break you.

Maria said...

This sounds like it could be both lots of fun and tragic - the beginning is very gripping - here's my Friday meme

fredamans said...

Sounds like a heart-wrenching read. I couldn't imagine having difficulty getting pregnant, and as a mom, my heart goes out to those women that have trouble. Happy weekend!

Yvonne @ Fiction Books Reviews said...

Hi Bev,

It is great that the author chooses to share her experiences of what must have been an emotionally draining and physically exhausting event, with such an objective yet humorous take on things.

I can see why she would have had to try and adopt that approach, to try and stop herself going mad with worry, but I don't think I could have been quite so sanguine about things.

I think this would be a good guide book for anyone unfortunate enough to find themselves faced with such a challenge.

Thanks for sharing those excellent excerpts :)

Yvonne

Bev Bouwer said...

Absolutely. That's why I think the author struck this note.

Bev Bouwer said...

Yvonne, you are so right. It takes something special to be able to laugh at yourself in the midst of adversity. And time and perspective also help. I loved this book.

guiltlessreader said...

The title made me LOL. I love the sounds of it and hope you're enjoying it!

Lauren Stoolfire said...

Huh! Interesting snippets! :)

Lauren @ Always Me