Friday 14 October 2016

Friday Book Share Game

07 _ 10 _ 2014 (4)
It's the Friday Book Share Game to help search for that ideal novel/author, created by Shelley Wilson.
Anyone can have a go – all you need to do is answer the questions based on a book you enjoyed reading and use the hashtag #FridayBookShare
First line of the book.
Today I was told that I have a heart-shaped uterus.


It sounds quirky, cute, but makes carrying a baby complicated.
Recruit fans by adding the book blurb.
Will there be light at the end of the birth canal?

Does the word ‘endometriosis’ make you want to stick a fork in your eye? No? Then perhaps this book isn’t for you. It’s funny, and (sometimes alarmingly) frank. It contains an impressive array of synonyms for ‘vagina’ and it’s certainly NSFW.

It’s about having a devil womb and a hot knife lodged in my shoulder. It’s about becoming blackly bitter and twisted in my infertility, and then slowly finding a way to untwist myself.

It’s part memoir, part dark comedy, wrapped up loosely as a journal full of TMI and quirk.

Let me put it this way: If Helen Fielding and Marian Keyes were to go through IVF, and use Caitlin Moran as a surrogate, this book would be their baby.
 
Introduce the main character using only three words.
Janita - diabolically funny.
Delightful design


Audience appeal 
Those who have gone the infertility distance, for sure. But also people like me, who haven't, but love a peek inside the mind and life of someone who shares it - in such a lovely way.
Your favourite line/scene.
"I wondered how I would tell Mike...tell him in the most reassuring way that I could that he is married to someone who is harbouring a little (heart-shaped) pocket of Satan."

What do you think? I loved this book - here's my review.

What're you reading this weekend?

1 comment:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, wow, what a quirky sounding book. But fun, perhaps. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.