Saturday 29 October 2016

Ten of the Best #69



Morning crazy peeps that make my life worth living. Thanks for all the wonderful posts on your timelines that I didn't have time to read during the week. 

I stayed up late to get through them all, and here they are - starting our weekend the right way. Grab your coffee, and come right back. It's been a week.


Richard Poplak summarizes our week in SA for us. So does Zapiro, in the cartoon. Click Zapiro to get to Poplak.



Here are the 6 quotes from Pravin’s Presidential Podium, because who has ever listened to a medium-term budget speech in full? Methinks this will be forever remembered as the wounded buffalo moment. Bravo Pravin. 



Loved this post - Philosopher Kwame Anthony Appiah says race and nationality are social inventions being used to cause deadly divisions. That's him in the pic - click for the post.




While Americans are wondering whether it was bigly or big league, here’s why you actually need to vote. Families never lie.



Meanwhile Lady Gaga rocked the  James Corden carpool. Unlike some other superstars, the lady can sing. And if you want more, she appeared on his show too - also good.



And back home, this really happened. I believe it, stuff like this often happens to me. Because I am the one who leaves my whole handbag in the parking garage of my local mall, and am then slightly annoyed when someone phones me on a Saturday afternoon - didn't they think I may be napping? - to go and collect it. True story.



I could not believe this clip. Had to watch it a few times. Although, it’d be me, if anyone ever tried to put me to sleep. Don't know why none of these tactics ever worked on my own kids.



Our kids'  bedtimes were more like Michael McIntyre’s...



We haven't done a grammar post for a while. Here are 15 ironic signs. Or ironical, as some like to say.  You know who you are.






We sign out with the inimitable Kelley Thorrington, On being quiet. Yes, so Mommy and Daddy can have a nap. So what? 



We're not done yet. I'm sure you've seen the Pentatonix version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah. Because it's been everywhere, and you must have found a minute somewhere in your week to watch it, right? But then I thought - what if you haven't? And you check out my blog every weekend, just so you don't miss important moments like this? Well here it is.  Watch it again. You know you want to.




Have a great weekend everyone.

Last week.                                                                 More Tens.

                         
                                
SaveSave

No comments: