Monday 15 August 2016

Morning Star

Hey hey hey, it's Monday morning. And we need to get up, and start exercising for the week. There are so many reasons, but this morning we are running/walking/cycling/gymming because it's a new week, and we know how important it is to keep going. Our bodies need exercise, and there isn't a better way to start your week, in my opinion.




This is the weekly Monday Motivation post, where I haul out a few words and some music to get you pumping. I need it too - the motivation, that is. Ok ok, yes I need the exercise too.
And here's your song for today. It's an oldie, but oh such a goodie.


Special Star by Mango Groove is one of my favourite songs of all time. It is dedicated to Johannes "Spokes" Mashiyane He was born on 20 January 1933 and died in 1972. He was regarded as one of the greatest pennywhistle artists who graced the South African kwela music scene. He stated that the pennywhistle's simplicity allowed for greater freedom to bend and blend notes.


What an amazing tribute this is.


And just because I can, I'm going to dedicate this post to all the "special stars" in my life - my family and my friends. You know who you are. I will be forever yours... and there is really a special star that shines in your eyes. Thanks for sharing it with me. 


Last week's motivation - Walking in a Winter wonderland.


A few more Motivations.SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments: