Monday 29 August 2016

Carpe Diem

Do you ever have those days when you don't want to walk, you want to dance? Dialogue shouldn't be spoken, it has to be set to music? Everything seems loud, bigger, brighter and life is good, and yours for the taking. No? Maybe it's only me? And it hasn't happened in a very long while.






Tackling the week in the right frame of mind makes a difference to how it all turns out. "Seize the day", from the Latin 'Carpe Diem' is better translated - "pluck" or "pick"; "enjoy" or "make use of" today. Don't leave it until tomorrow, or worry about the future. Living today completely will impact tomorrow. It's not just the things we are avoiding that we should embrace today, it'a also the things we love to do - don't waste a moment. Do them now.

So run like the wind, walk with a spring in your step. Notice the wondrous world around you, and change the soundtrack in your head from whatever's playing to something more upbeat.

Do I have any ideas for you? What a question.

Justin Timberlake is my music of choice today. It's Can't Stop the Feeling.


I got that sunshine in my pocket
Got that good soul in my feet...

Ooh, it's something magical
It's in the air, it's in my blood, it's rushing on
Don't need no reason, don't need control
I fly so high, no ceiling, when I'm in my zone...

Feeling good, good, creeping up on you
So just dance, dance, dance, come on


Have a beautiful day and a glorious week!


No comments: