Monday 24 April 2017

Just run

We woke up this morning to the sound of rain. Not a gentle dripping, but a steady solid downpour. Sheets and sheet being wrung out of each cloud - God's sodden washing shedding its excess. And I thought, "Oh heck, now I'll have to stay in bed and read."

Sad, that. But now, as I gaze outside, it's fresh, and clear - the crisp kind of cleanness that only comes with cleansing rain. "Oh heck, now I'll have to get dressed and run."





But what's the problem with that? It's Monday, and we always (well, nearly always) start the week running. Don't we?

We do need a track though. a sound track, that is. And I have just the thing. It's P!nk.





"See, here's the bloody, bloody truth 
You will hurt and you will lose
I've got scars you won't believe
Wear them proudly on my sleeve
I hope you'll have the sense to know
That sadness comes and sadness goes
Love so hard and play life loud
It's the only thing to give a damn about"

You still here? Come on, let's go.

"But take the best of what I've got
And you know no matter what
Before you walk away, you know you can
Run, run, run, 
Back to my arms, back to my arms
Run, run, run, 
Back to my arms and they will hold you down"


Have an amazing Monday.



No comments: