Friday 14 April 2017

Friday Books - Peacekeeping

Happy Good Friday everyone! Yay, it's the weekend. Time to read.

BookBeginnings, hosted by Rose City Readerand The Friday 56 - hosted by Freda’s Voice are the hosting sites for the Friday link ups, where we discover more books, and make friends. Both involve sharing excerpts from a current book - the beginning and - you guessed it - page 56.






What am I reading? Well, I'm so glad you asked. It's 





My thoughts - I'm enjoying this. After abandoning Southern Ruby (sort of  -  I'm still listening to it occasionally), I needed something different. And this is. Set in Haiti, it's about the mishmash of people and politicians and peacekeepers there. It's good. And I'm nearly done.




Really don't know about this second cover. Cute, yes, but I feel like I'm reading a childhood Richard Scarry. What do you think? And the conversation gives you a taste of what the book is like. See - I told you it's good.

What're you reading today - tell me in the comments below.

Thanks for visiting. Have a fabulous weekend.

7 comments:

Breana M. said...

Yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of the second cover, but the book does look pretty interesting. Enjoy your current read. :-)

Suzanne McClendon said...

I think the second cover is cute, but it does make it look like a children's book. It sounds like an interesting book.

Our post today is about the book titled Finding God Anew, but another book that I am reading is called Lowcountry Boil: A Liz Talbot Mystery by Susan M. Boyer. I am thoroughly enjoying it, too. It is written by an author from Greenville, South Carolina. I grew up in Anderson County, the next county over from Greenville. It's easy to get into a book that is talking about places that I know about.

Have a blessed Easter weekend!

Catherine @ Book Club Librarian said...

This is a new-to-me book and author. The snippets you shared have me intrigued.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I like the second cover for its "prettiness," but it definitely shouts "childhood."

Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “THE WIDOWER’S WIFE”

Sandra Nachlinger said...

I've never read a book set in Haiti. That's enough to pique my interest. I agree about the second cover and your comparison to Richard Scarry. Strange. But I like the writing in your excerpts.
My Friday post features Still Alice.

fredamans said...

LOL @ the 56. Sounds like a good read! Happy weekend!

Lauren Stoolfire said...

Glad you're enjoying it! :)

Lauren @ Always Me