Friday 21 April 2017

Friday Books - The Last Anniversary

Happy Friday everyone! So glad you stopped by to check out what I'm reading. 

BookBeginnings, hosted by Rose City Readerand The Friday 56 - hosted by Freda’s Voice are the hosting sites for the Friday link ups, where we discover more books, and make friends. Both involve sharing excerpts from a current book - the beginning and - you guessed it - page 56.


What am I reading? Well, I'm so glad you asked. It's 










Don't you love that opener? A funnel-web is a spider, in case you were wondering. (And yes, I did have to Google it). I'm reading Liane Moriarty again, because after Big Little Lies in 2015, I tried to read everything I found by her. And now that the series has been on TV, I'm reminded how much I enjoyed her books, and I found this one in the local library. Mine is the cover on the left, which I'm partial to.








The dialogues are my favourite parts of this book. So funny. It's great when they're authentic, and the way they're communicated, together with the thoughts behind them, you just get a person.

One thing I do love about the Big Little Lies TV series is the music, though. It's wonderful. We need soundtracks with our books, don't you think?

What're you reading today? 

Thanks for visiting. Have a great weekend.

SaveSave

11 comments:

karen said...

This sounds absolutely delightful! Thanks for sharing, Bev!

Nadene @Ttly Addicted 2 Reading said...

I love both teasers. Thanks for sharing.

http://totallyaddictedtoreading.blogspot.com/2017/04/friday-memes-book-beginnings-and-friday_21.html

sherry fundin said...

This sounds like a lot of fun.
sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, I loved the music in Big Little Lies, too...it brought everything alive. One reason why I sometimes enjoy the movies more than the books. But without the books, there would be nothing, so...

I loved The Last Anniversary, and I did the same thing after reading Big Little Lies. Found several of the author's backlist.

Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

Elza Reads said...

I still haven't read anything by Liane Moriarty! BUT Big Little Lies is on my reading schedule for May. I hope I can get to it. How lovely is all the covers you've shared!

Don't know if jail will be my third worst fear. Gosh, in SA it might be my number 1!

Hope you will have a good weekend Bev and here's my Friday Meets: http://marelithalkink.blogspot.co.za/2017/04/friday-meets-21-april-2017.html

Kathy Martin said...

I've never read this author but I like the writing style and will have to give her a try. Come see what Grave Visions by Kalayna Price has to offer. Happy reading!

Catherine @ Book Club Librarian said...

I love Moriarity's books. I haven't read them all...yet. I will eventually though.

Kathryn said...

I keep saying I need to try Liane Moriarty. I never heard of this book, Big Little Lies I have though.Thanks for visiting my blog! http://4thelvofreading.blogspot.com/2017/04/book-beginningthe-friday-56-4212017.html

Unknown said...

I keep meaning to try this author. This one sounds so fun. Torn about the covers but, after reading the blurb, I think the first one fits best, but I like to simple design on the third one.

My Friday 56 from Ararat

fredamans said...

I like all those covers, but LOVE the one with the tree. :-)
I like the sounds of it too, the snark appeals to me. Happy weekend!

Glenna said...

I will have to give this a try! I love the teasers btw! Thanks for sharing.