Friday 25 November 2016

Friday Books - Things Unseen

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. So grateful to have made it through this year.

And so glad it's Friday and we can all visit each other and share our current reads.

BookBeginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader and Friday56, hosted by Freda's Voice, are where you'll find the parties, and the rules are easy - share the beginning and p56 of the book nearest to you.


My Book this week is Things Unseen by Pamela Power





And yes, he doesn't want to alert her, because he wants to kill her. Why? Well that would be telling. This is a murder mystery, and the plot is clever, leading you in one direction and then changing.





Here's the cover...


This book is set where I live, and the author lives down the road. What do you think? I love the cover, and really enjoyed the book.

Tell me what you're reading and I'll come and visit you.

Happy thanksgiving weekend. Hope you get lots of reading done.

15 comments:

Sandra Nachlinger said...

This opening intrigues me. I'm wondering why he's messing with golf clubs in a cupboard and why he doesn't want the old lady to know. I'd keep reading to find out! I like the description of the roses too.
Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment.
Sandy @ TEXAS TWANG

Unknown said...

I wonder how he will kill her if he can't use one of the golf clubs. Intense opening now that I know why he's trying to get one. I'd like to read this. Always looking for another good mystery.

My Friday 56 from The Nature Of Balance

Breana M. said...

This seems like an interesting book. Thanks for mentioning it. :-)

Bill @ Billbrarian said...

This one would fly off the shelves at my library. I think I want to read it also. It sounds like a really interesting mystery. Thanks for sharing!

Kathy Martin said...

This does sound like a good one. I'm reading The Elizabeth Papers by Jenetta James this week. Happy reading!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

That opening definitely grabbed me...and now I want to know more! Thanks for sharing...and here's mine, also creepy: “IN A DARK, DARK WOOD”

sherry fundin said...

Hmmm...wonder why he wants to kill her. I think he is in for some difficulty accomplishing it.
sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

eli @ the (book) supplier said...

Well, that's interesting. I'm intrigued just because, I mean, if he went there to kill her, then why didn't he bring his own weapon? I like books where the opposite of the thing you expect to happen is what happens, and it sounds like this happens here. Happy reading!

-eli @ the (book) supplier
My Friday 56/Book Beginnings

Amanda said...

Sounds like a creepy read! Although I wouldn't have guessed that from the golf club opening. Beautiful cover, too.

My Book Beginning!

Brittany said...

This sounds so cool! I've never read a murder mystery before!

Brittany's Fantasy

Roberta said...

It must be cool to read something set close to where you live. I like your quotes set in chalk on a chalkboard. Nice visual effect.

fredamans said...

Sounds like my kind of read. I like the cover too! Happy weekend!

Lauren Stoolfire said...

I like the sounds of the snippets. :)

Lauren @ Always Me

Unknown said...

Well it certainly sounds interesting, the cover is really nice too :)
I was reading First Debt

Raven@everywhere and nowhere

Juli Rahel said...

I love it when crime novels make you guess and second-guess every little detail! This definitely sounds interesting! Thank you for stopping by my blog and sorry for the late return :D
Juli @ A Universe in Words