Friday 18 November 2016

Friday Books - The Steel Kiss

Well hello everyone. Friday again. We get to link up with other bloggers and share our favourite things - books.

BookBeginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader and Friday56, hosted by Freda's Voice, are where you'll find them, and the rules are easy - share the beginning and p56.


My Book this week is The Steel Kiss by Jeffery Deaver






It's Amelia Sachs and Lincoln Rhyme. Old familiar characters that I haven't read in a few years. And she finds Unsub 40 in the opening line. Only something else happens, and she doesn't. And Lincoln is retired from crime investigations. Gasp.









So many dead ends, so far. It's a little frustrating, but I'm sure Deaver is setting us up for an exciting read.




I think these covers are quite different, although both have that harsh metallic feel, which I suppose is exactly right.

I'm on P145 and it's ok, picking up now, which if it hadn't, I may have had to put it down. 

Tell me what you're reading in the comments, and I'll pay you a visit.

Happy restful weekend everyone!

12 comments:

Whitney said...

That 56 leads me to believe the plot is going somewhere. I'm glad it's picking up for you and hope it stays an enjoyable read.

Roberta Gibson said...

Love the Ann Patchett quote in the sidebar :-)

Deaver has a very unique, strong voice. Sometimes a strong voice can be harder to read. Good luck.

Dual Reads said...

I haven't read anything by Deaver before but this sounds intriguing and I definitely want to read more of this genre!
Here's my Friday Reads

Lisa Ks Book Reviews said...

I haven't read Deaver, but only hear good things about his books. I'd love for you and your readers to check out my BB & 56... http://tinyurl.com/LisaKsBookReviewsSAI

Katherine P said...

I've been wanting to read Deaver and this sounds intense! Plus, I'm not sure I've seen a car described as arterial blood red before!

sherry fundin said...

I enjoy Deaver and I hope the book picks up for you and their are no dead ends.
sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

Breana M. said...

Thus sounds like an interesting book. Enjoy your current read! :-)

Loreen @coffeeandcats said...

Very interesting/
Here is a link to my Friday 56: https://coffeeandcatsblog.wordpress.com/2016/11/18/friday-56-16/

Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense said...

That's got to be traumatizing for that kid. Sounds like an interesting mystery. Have a lovely weekend!

Unknown said...

I've not read one of his books in a while. This sounds great.

My Friday 56 from Better Off Thread

fredamans said...

Sounds fantastic to me! Happy weekend!

Lauren Stoolfire said...

I really like how the color is described there! :)