Friday 4 November 2016

Friday Books - After You

It's Friday and I have a weekend of parties and social occasions. Damn! When will I read?

Friday also means we get to link up with other bloggers and share our favourite things - books.

BookBeginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader and Friday56, hosted by Freda's Voice, are where you'll find them, and the rules are easy - share the beginning and p56.


My Book this week is:





Isn't that a pretty cover? I have the one on the left from book club this month.





Not really a "hook you in from the start" beginning, as I don't even recall who the man is, now that I'm halfway through. But this is the sequel to Jojo's "Me before You", which is now a movie, and was very popular, so maybe the beginning doesn't really matter?







I'm enjoying this. It's been long enough since I read "Me before you", that I've forgotten parts, which is good, because I like knowing the characters, but not remembering the details - it feels like I'm catching up with a good friend over a cup of tea, and the conversation is making me like her all over again.

After I'm done, I think I'll treat myself to the movie, and some popcorn.


I've been bad at visiting other blogs recently - so sorry to all my regular friends. I do have some time later today, so tell me what you're reading in the comments, and I'll pay you a visit.

Happy reading everyone.

14 comments:

sherry fundin said...

Don't know this author but I'm glad you're enjoying the read enough to think of watching the movie. Have a good weekend.
sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

Cora - Tea Party Princess said...

He sounds like Rebus haha.
I haven't read these but I think I'll give them a go :)
Cora @ Tea Party Princess

Unknown said...

I didn't realize there was a movie too. I can relate to that excerpt:)

My Friday 56 from Deadly Silence

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

It has been a while since I read Me Before You, and I haven't yet seen the movie. But I like your plan...read this one, then watch the movie, popcorn and all. Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

Catherine @ Book Club Librarian said...

Nice choice. I enjoyed both of the books. I'm planning to watch the movie of the first book over the weekend.

fredamans said...

I've fantastic things about this series! I totally need to read it! Happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

I read both books, but I still need to watch the movie

Kathy Martin said...

I keep seeing this author's books and keep meaning to give one a try. But my TBR mountain is rather overwhelming right now and I've resisted adding Moyes to the stack. Thanks for visiting my blog. Happy reading!

Unknown said...

I loved this book!

Kendal
Kinx's Book Nook

Stormi said...

Someone had the first book on their 56 today. Not my cup of tea but I hope you like it. :)

Stormi

Dual Reads said...

I loved Me Before You so much that I am kind of nervous to read After You! I have it, I just have no idea when I will actually read it!

Yvonne @ Fiction Books Reviews said...

Hi Bev,

Although I do read contemporary romantic fiction from time to time, I have never read anything by this author, despite all the excellent reviews and ratings her writing attracts.

The opening lines had the opposite effect on me to your own reaction and I would have been hooked from the off, needing to know who the man was and why he is acting almost furtively.

I have been so bad at visiting blogs myself just lately, however the hour or so I get to myself when all the jobs are done of an evening, really only allows me time to keep on top of preparing and publishing posts. Similarly, whilst I can offer an almost guaranteed series of promotional posts to any author or publisher, getting the final review down in print just isn't happening.

Both are areas to be addressed urgently, but I really do value and appreciate any comments and visits I receive :)

Yvonne

Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense said...

It's wonderful when you really connect with a protagonist. I love that you equate it with catching up with an old friend. I feel the same way about certain books. Happy reading!

eli @ the (book) supplier said...

A bunch of my friends read Me Before You and loved it. I don't know if they knew there was a sequel. I'll have to let them know. Right now, I'm reading Still Life With Tornado, the new one from A. S. King. Here's my beginning and 56 if you're interested.