Monday 20 November 2017

Cheap Thrills

It's Monday. This is the post about why we should, you know, bother at all. And if we manage to bother at all, where should we start?


Well, it's Monday - I said that. So we're starting moving. Preferably as fast as you can go. If that's a crawl, then crawl. If you're up for a long walk, then let's do it, baby. If you're running or riding a bike - oh wow - do you know how lucky you are?


The thing I love most about running is that I can do it right wherever I am, in my neighbourhood, on holiday at the beach, in the mountains, in a new favourite city, or - just about anywhere actually. All I need are my trusty shoes. Preferably a buddy too, but hey - I've been known just to take my audiobook and go solo. My workout starts with the cost of getting dressed and opening the front door - it's that simple, easy and inexpensive. For the price of a pair of running shoes, I get hours and hours of pleasure and joy.



Part of this post, if you've been here before, is to use some music to get you going, and this morning, I've picked Sia's Cheap Thrills - in honour of those pink and orange trainers that have taken me so far.



Til I hit the dance floor

Hit the dance floor
I got all I need
No I ain't got cash
I ain't got cash
But I got you baby
Baby I don't need dollar bills to have fun tonight
(I love cheap thrills)
Baby I don't need dollar bills to have fun tonight
(I love cheap thrills)
But I don't need no money
As long as I can feel the beat
I don't need no money
As long as I keep dancing



So what are we waiting for? Let's go. And let's make it awesome. Because that's how we roll.

Happy Monday. Happy week.


No comments: