Friday 8 April 2016

Friday Book Shop


BookBeginnings is a weekly meme, hosted by Rose City Reader. To participate, share the opening lines and your thoughts about a book you're reading, or about to.

The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul by Deborah Rodriguez 

Beginning:
It was a vibrant blue-skied Afhgan morning, the kind that made Yazmina stop to loosen her scarf and tilt her face to the sun.
My thoughts: I also live in a warm climate, and I love those kind of days, when you would consider abandoning yourself to the golden sunshine (preferably with a book in one hand) and lie on your back with the blue sky the only backdrop to the peace.

The Friday 56 is hosted by Freda’s VoiceGrab a book, any book. Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader (If you have to improvise, that's ok.) Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it)

Here's my P56


"Forget fun, I'm just hoping people show up," Sunny replied. Maybe she would be lucky and Jack would stop by, as he often did late in the day.


Here's the cover, isn't it pretty?




Tell me what you're reading, and I'll pay you a friendly visit. Happy reading everyone.

29 comments:

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

Is the gal wearing a scarf because she is Muslim so it would be unusual that she tipped it back? Sounds like a good book. My Friday Quotes

Lauren Stoolfire said...

I've never heard of this one, but I love the cover. The color used is great! :)


Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings).

Bev Bouwer said...

I never thought of that. I think Yazmina is Muslim. Maybe no one was around, so she just did it? It is unusual.

Bev Bouwer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sherry fundin said...

Doesn't sound like this is for me, but I hope you are enjoying it.
sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

Bev Bouwer said...

Visited this morning. And yes I love that color too.

Kathy Martin said...

This isn't the sort of thing I usually read. I hope you are enjoying it. This week I'm spotlighting The Obsession by Nora Roberts. Happy reading!

Whitney said...

Oh my goodness, I love the cover and the quotes you shared made me very curious about the book.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Sounds intriguing...thanks for sharing, as I probably wouldn't have picked up this one. Enjoy! And thanks for visiting my blog.

Sandra Nachlinger said...

I like to read books set in foreign places, and this sounds like a good one. The cover reminds me of the mandalas in my adult coloring book.
My Friday post features LONGSHOT.

Katherine P said...

I can definitely relate to that kind of sun! That first hit of heat feels so amazing. I like the sound of this teasers you've shared. I'll have to look for this book.

Kim Griffin said...

This is new to me, but it sounds like a nice story. I love to sit and read in the sun too. Just as long as it's not too hot! Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

This sounds delightful and I love that feeling of the sun on my face. Checking this one out:)

My 56 from A Monster Calls

Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense said...

There is something very charming about the cover. I love the beginning excerpt, makes me feel hot already. Happy reading!

Maria said...

I love the cover and the beginning of this book - great choice - and I agree I love those kind of sunny days!. Here's my Friday meme

Unknown said...

I haven't seen this book before. Sounds interesting and I like the setting.

fredamans said...

I'm quite interested to read more. I love books about other cultures. Happy weekend!

guiltlessreader said...

This sounds like a wonderful read ... Happy reading!

Bev Bouwer said...

The Obsession looks really good

Bev Bouwer said...

I'm glad Whitney!

Bev Bouwer said...

Pleasure - your blog is always worth the visit

Bev Bouwer said...

Me too, looking forward to this one.

Bev Bouwer said...

Happy reading

Bev Bouwer said...

great, will check yours out too.

Bev Bouwer said...

Charming is a good description for it.

Bev Bouwer said...

Thanks, will check yours out too

Bev Bouwer said...

Thanks - and thanks for the visit

Bev Bouwer said...

You too

Bev Bouwer said...

Enjoy!