Monday 9 July 2018

Living in the Moment

Is it raining today? It's too dark to see as I type. It's totally out of season, if it is. We're used to dry crisp cold mornings at this time of the year here. But yesterday afternoon Jozi had a freezing drizz, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was a little intermittent today. We may have to take the gap and just go if it's clear. And maybe get a little wet.
I used to not go if there was the hint of rain. I don't enjoy being rained upon, especially when I'm exercising. But after a few times of getting wet anyway, even after careful planning and analysis - to my surprise, it wasn't as bad as I had imagined. 
So, if it's cold, or raining where you are, I'm going. Don't worry about it - you'll survive.
If this life is one act
Why do we lay all these traps
We put them right in our path
When we just wanna be free
I will not waste my days
Making up all kinds of ways
To worry about all the things
That will not happen to me
I've rediscovered the lyrics and folksy tunes of Jason Mraz this weekend.The above is from Living in the Moment. But wait, there's more...
So I just let go of what I know I don't know
And I know I only do this by
Living in the moment
Living my life
Easy and breezy
With peace in my mind
With peace in my heart
Peace in my soul
Wherever I'm going, I'm already home
Living in the moment
I'm letting myself off the hook for things I've done
I let my past go past
And now I'm having more fun
I'm letting go of the thoughts
That do not make me strong
And I believe this way can be the same for everyone

Remember to let go as you go. You'll come back lighter - in more ways than one.

Here's the song for those of you who play it as you run.


Happy Monday, happy week.

No comments: