Friday 27 July 2018

Friday Books - Alexander Hamilton

So glad it's Friday, time to read.

At Book Beginningshosted by Rose City Reader, you share the first line, and  a few thoughts about the book.


 Here's the beginning of the book I'm featuring today.



"In the first full-length biography of Alexander Hamilton in decades, Ron Chernow tells the riveting story of a man who overcame all odds to shape, inspire, and scandalize the newborn America. According to historian Joseph Ellis, Alexander Hamilton is 'a robust full-length portrait, in my view the best ever written, of the most brilliant, charismatic and dangerous founder of them all.' "



At Freda's Voice, you'll find the Friday56, where the excerpt comes from page 56 or 56% in your Kindle.

Here's page 56 of Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow.


I'm listening to this on Audible, which is great - the narration is excellent, but it's a whopping 35 hours and 58 minutes. I got quite a lot done this week, but still I've got part 5 5 to go. It's a fascinating history of the founding fathers, and is very useful in understanding a little of American politics and how the system works.

Hope you all have lots of reading plans for the weekend.  Leave me a comment with what you're featuring and I'll check it out.

11 comments:

Catherine @ Book Club Librarian said...

Your excepts have me yearning for the great statesmen of yesteryear. Most of our current politicians can't hold a candle to them.

Kayleigh @ My Endless Shelf said...

Wow! That's a long book! Love the images you've put together for this :) Here's my Friday 56: https://myendlessshelf.weebly.com/home/the-friday-56-heart-of-thorns-by-bree-barton Have a lovely weekend!

Kathy Martin said...

This sounds interesting but I'm not sure I would devote almost 36 hours to listening. This week I am featuring The Butterfly Conspiracy by Vivian Conroy. Happy reading!

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

I read two YA biographies of Hamilton last year. He was quite an amazing man. Have you seen the musical yet? I haven't. My Friday Quotes

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I will probably never enjoy audio, as the books take too long! The only time that would work for me would be on a long road trip.

Thanks for sharing...the book sounds fascinating. And thanks for visiting my blog.

Lisa Ks Book Reviews said...

This would be one my sister would love to read for sure. I'd love for you and your readers to check out mine. https://tinyurl.com/LisaKsBookReviews72718

Laura said...

I need to read more books like these. I'm missing out on some fascinating reading:)

My Friday 56 from A Proper Hellhound

fredamans said...

I'm curious to know more about him. Frankly, I don't know much. Happy weekend!

Nicki J. Markus / Asta Idonea said...

I finished reading this the other week, and I loved it. Hope you continue to enjoy it too.

Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense said...

Wow that's a really long audio book. But I've been curious about this one since the musical. Glad you've been enjoying it.

Sassy Brit @ Alternative-Read.com said...

Great excerpts, sounds like a very interesting choice!

Have a great weekend here is my Friday56 and Book Beginning!