Friday 20 July 2018

Friday Books - Just Mercy

TGIF, Book time.

At Book Beginningshosted by Rose City Reader, you share the first line, and  a few thoughts about the book.


Today I'm featuring Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson. Here's the beginning.



Bryan Stevenson is a lawyer, who lands up helping prisoners in an organization that furthers social justice, especially for those who land up on death row. He writes their stories, and his story in this beautiful book.



At Freda's Voice, you'll find the Friday56, where the excerpt comes from page 56 or 56% in your Kindle.


Here's page 56 of Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson.





I cannot explain how much I loved this book - it's finished already, and my review is here. I can't stop quoting large parts - it's had a profound effect on me.

Hope you all have lots of reading plans for the weekend.  Leave me a comment with what you're featuring and I'll check it out.

9 comments:

Lisbeth said...

Great lines and sounds like an exciting book. I love the way you have highlighted the quotes. Will go for the review now!

Catherine @ Book Club Librarian said...

Sounds like a very powerful read.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I do love reading and learning about righting the wrongs of the justice system. Thanks for sharing...and thanks for visiting my blog.

Kathy Martin said...

Sounds intriguing. I don't read nonfiction though. This week I have Murder, She Reported by Peg Cochran - a nice historical mystery. Happy reading!

Girl Who Reads said...

Sounds like it could be a hard read, but definitely interesting. See what I'm featuring at Girl Who Reads

fredamans said...

Sounds like an epic read! I instantly thought of To Kill A Mockingbird with that 56. I added you to the Linky. Happy weekend!

Lauren Stoolfire said...

I've been thinking about trying this one - thanks for sharing these snippets! :)

Lauren @ Always Me

Nicki J. Markus / Asta Idonea said...

Sounds like an emotional read. Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

Gilion at Rose City Reader said...

Sounds like a very good book! Thanks for posting the opening on Book Beginnings on Friday!