Monday 18 June 2018

This is Me

Why?

Why do I do this every Monday?

What? The writing? The running? The music? Well all of it, actually.

This morning, I looked for an old Monday Motivation to post. I'm not feeling particularly inspired, you see. As I was going through material, wondering what would resonate, I realised that the one thing I do love about this is the freshness, the newness, the doing it in real time that I really enjoy. That way it inspires me as well as (hopefully) you.


There are so many reasons. I love words. I love to use them to encourage us to be better at us. I love to find the right words for things and I love the power that they wield when used well.

I believe in exercise. I believe in the power of moving to change the way our brains fire, and to keep us young and strong and fit and fabulous.

And lastly I'm passionate about music. All music. And if you read my first post in this vein, you'll realise it was only with the music that these posts ever came together. It took the music. And it still does. Every Monday, to get going, I need a soundtrack.

So, my favourite song from one of my favourite musicals is perfect for today. This is me. Let it inspire you this morning.




But I won't let them break me down to dust
I know that there's a place for us

For we are glorious
When the sharpest words wanna cut me down

I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown them out
I am brave, I am bruised
I am who I'm meant to be, this is me
Look out 'cause here I come
And I'm marching on to the beat I drum
I'm not scared to be seen
I make no apologies, this is me
Isn't that fabulous? And if you're a Showman fan, like me, you have to watch this clip of the same song, where Keala Settle comes out from behind her microphone, It's goosebumps stuff.


Happy Monday everyone.Here's to an awesome week.
Last Monday's Motivation - Give up - never?

No comments: