Friday 29 June 2018

Friday Books - The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah

It's usually great fun on a Friday to check out other book bloggers' shares and enjoy quotes from the books they are reading. 


At Book Beginningshosted by Rose City Reader, you share the first line, and  a few thoughts about the book.





Today I'm featuring The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah. Here's the beginning.






This doesn't get you into the book, but the start is basically a family - Mom, Dad and Leni, relocating to Alaska. It's Leni's countless school change, and she's done done done. That's relevant for the Friday56...





(At Freda's Voice, you'll find the Friday56, where the excerpt comes from page 56 or 56% in your Kindle.)


Here's page 56.



I'm only this far into the book, and enjoying it so far. What do you think? Would you keep reading?


What are you reading this weekend?  Leave me a comment with what you're featuring and I'll check it out.

9 comments:

Laura said...

The excerpt has me curious and I can relate to the opening. We get some wild storms here. I like the cover too:)

My Friday 56 from One Summer....at Charlie's Diner

My Endless Shelf said...

This one sounds interesting! I hope you're enjoying it! Here's mine: https://myendlessshelf.weebly.com/home/the-friday-56-cinderella-boy-by-kristina-meister

Melissa S. said...

I have to say, just from the snippets, I probably wouldn't keep reading. But with it being a Kristin Hannah book, I would keep reading; because I love all of her books and most of them get really great in the middle and the ending is always fantastic!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I LOVED this book, and I've heard it will soon be a movie. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “MY EX-LIFE”

fredamans said...

Sounds like an epic read! I can relate to the beginning, that was Spring here. Happy Canada day weekend, and happy early Independence day!

Katherine P said...

This one is on my TBR and I'm excited to read anything by Kristin Hannah. No idea why I haven't yet.

Kathy Martin said...

I've heard good things about this book. This week I am featuring Scandal Above Stairs by Jennifer Ashley. Happy reading!

Sassy Brit @ Alternative-Read.com said...

Hi Bev!

I've got this one to read. :) Hope you're enjoying it.

Here is mine: http://bit.ly/MagicalSecret

The book I'm featuring is actually free today!

Enjoy!

Luv Sassy x

Lauren Stoolfire said...

I'm pretty sure that this book is my library's next book club book actually. :)

Lauren @ Always Me