Monday 18 July 2016

Running, Loving, Living

Good morning all you early birds.

So glad you are joining me this morning. We're going for a walk, that may involve a bit of running. We're getting there. Slowly. But we're getting there.



I need a lottle motivation to do this every day. And I do have to. My medical aid has given me incentives to get a free reward on a weekly basis (a free hot drink or smoothie). To do this, I need to achieve a fitness target. Great. Except the target keeps increasing. And I'm figuring that one day soon, I may need to learn to sleepwalk again so that I can achieve all they want me to. 

But that's not really why I do it. No really, it's not. I do it because I love to get fit, and I love doing it outside, in our beautiful part of the world, and I love to connect with nature and people as I go. It's a great start to the day.

So part of my motivation is to sing songs in my head as I go. This morning I'm humming this one.




Yes, it's Adele. Again. I really enjoy this song - it shows how much she's moved on, let go, and besides, it has the lines: "Baby I'm still rising - I was running, you were walking - You couldn't keep up, you were falling down (down)"

That's going to inspire me to run a bit more than I walk today.

Have a good one.


No comments: