Wednesday 27 July 2016

Chicken Pasta with Basil Pesto

It's cold and wet. We're in need of food that is warm, comforting, and quick to cook. So that you can eat soon.

This is a meal that we first had out at an Italian restaurant, and we enjoyed it so much, we decided to try it at home. Actually not so much "we", just "me". But I don't get complaints when I make it - and in my house, when that happens, I tell myself "Well done. Brilliant meal. Everybody loved it." That way, the compliments do get passed to the chef.

Anyhoo,  here's Chicken Pasta with Basil Pesto. Enjoy.

Olive oil spray
4 chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced 
60ml basil pesto
cups cream
shaved parmesan and basil leaves, to serve
Pasta of your choice - we like penne or farfalle, but fettuccine is great too.

Bring water to the boil in a large pot, add pasta and cook according to package directions. Meanwhile, spray a pan with oil, and fry the chicken pieces for about 5 minutes, until slightly brown. Add the pesto and the cream, reduce the heat and allow to simmer for another 5 minutes. Drain the pasta and combine with the sauce, and serve garnished with basil and parmesan. Couldn't be simpler.

Want to make your own basil pesto? Yum, I'm coming over to try it. Here's Jamie's recipe.

More Recipes.

No comments: