Monday 25 July 2016

Monday - let's try this

It's Monday. Time to get up, get going. For me, that means walking/running first thing, and then tackling the mountain-load of work I need to do this week.

In order to do this, I need some inspiration. That's what this post is all about. To make me want to get out there and do this week.

One of the things I love the most about running is the simplicity of it. I throw on comfortable gear,  hair in an elastic, grab my shoes and a cap and go. There's no make-up, fancy kit - there's no point really, it's all going to get sweaty and be run off anyway. The road welcomes me just as I am, and no one is looking at how fashionable I am, they're too busy laughing at my silly running style (or lack thereof!)

That's why....this song....

You don't have to try so hard
You don't have to give it all away
You just have to get up, get up, get up, get up
You don't have to change a single thing

You don't have to try, try, try, try-i-i
You don't have to try, try, try, try-i-i
You don't have to try
You don't have to try

Take your make up off
Let your hair down
Take a breath
Look into the mirror, at yourself
Don't you like you?
Cause I like you



As they say in the classics - if you're up and exercising, you're already beating everyone on the couch anyway.

So, off you go. Do your thing today, your style, your way. And well done you. You're getting there.

No comments: