Friday 3 February 2017

Friday Books - A Man Called Ove

I'm glad it's Friday - weekend, yay!

On Fridays we link up with other book people and grow our TBR lists.


BookBeginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader, and The Friday 56 - hosted by Freda’s Voice are where you'll find them. Both involve sharing excerpts from a current book - the beginning and - you guessed it - page 56.


My book this week is:


A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman







I'm sorry about the length of the beginning, but I couldn't stop - I loved it. It really made me laugh and like Ove an awful lot.








I loved this book. It was better than the others in its "category" like "The 100 year old man who climbed out of a window" and "The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry", in my opinion. I did wonder though, some of the chapters had "A Man Called Ove..." and others "A Man Who Was Ove ..." and since this book was translated from Swedish, I think, I wondered if the original title had been "A Man Who Was Ove", but they changed it to be more grammatical If so, I would have preferred "A Man Who Was Ove". But maybe that's too much speculation and conspiracy theory for the weekend?!

Happy reading everyone. And happy weekend.

9 comments:

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

One of the book club members just ravs about this book another didn't like it. I bet I would like it.

My Friday quotes

Breana M. said...

This one seems pretty good. Thanks for mentioning it. :-)

Kathy Martin said...

Sounds interesting though it is very different than the kinds of books I read. My book this week is Beauty and the Wiener by Casey Griffith. Happy reading!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I loved this book and this character. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “RAINY DAY WOMEN”

sherry fundin said...

Conspiracy over a book title. I love it. LOL
sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

Sandra Nachlinger said...

I liked this book a lot. Ove is a fascinating character and quite different from "heroes" in other stories I've read. Hope you enjoy the book as much as I did.
My Friday post features The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry.

Unknown said...

I'm curious enough to try this book. Been running across it frequently.

My Friday 56 from Every Last Word

fredamans said...

This is on my wishlist! It looks so much fun to read! Happy weekend!

Lauren Stoolfire said...

I really want to read this! I watched the movie last week and it was absolutely wonderful! :)