Friday 17 February 2017

Friday Books - Cartes Postales

Hello Friday Bloggers and fellow bookworms.

After a busy week, I'm looking forward to a weekend of reading and peace and quiet.

But before that...

BookBeginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader, and The Friday 56 - hosted by Freda’s Voice are the hosting sites for the Friday link ups, where we discover more books, and make friends. Both involve sharing excerpts from a current book - the beginning and - you guessed it - page 56.



My book this week is...


Cartes Postales from Greece by Victoria Hislop





I'm not too sure about this one. It seems more a collection of short stories and journal entries than a novel. Yet from the cover, it looks like a novel. Hmm...Also, Victoria Hislop wrote The Island, which I loved. But also The Sunrise, which I hated.

The pictures look lovely though and the book design is beautiful.

I'll give it a try - I love reading about Greece, even though I've never been there.

Leave me  a comment if you visit here, and I'll check your Friday book out.

Happy reading everyone.

12 comments:

Dual Reads said...

I've never read anything by Victoria Hislop, I hope this one doesn't disappoint! It sounds like The Island would be a good Hislop to start with though so I'll have to check that out sometime!

Lauren Stoolfire said...

I can't say I've heard of this author before but the cover is wonderful. :)

Breana M. said...

I've never read anything by this author before and haven't head of her until now. Thanks for mentioning the book. :-)

Billbrarian said...

It looks interesting from the cover. I'd pick it up to look at it. I'm curious to hear what you think about it.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I've never read the author, but now I'm curious. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

Vicki said...

I don't remember seeing anything by this author before. I like what you shared.

Kathy Martin said...

I hope this one ends up as a hit rather than a miss for you. Today I have Echoes in Death by J. D. Robb. I love Eve and Roarke. Happy reading!

JLS Hall said...

Sounds interesting. Haven't heard of this one before, and I'm not familiar with the author. Hope you love it!

Nicki J. Markus / Asta Idonea said...

I enjoyed The Island but have not read any of Hislop's other works so far.

Unknown said...

This sounds really interesting. Not read this author before either.

My Friday 56 from The Blood Gospel

fredamans said...

That beginning... poor books, all dog-eared and baffed out. My heart sank. :-) Sounds like a good book though. Have a great week ahead!

Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense said...

That 57 is lovely. Nothing beats fresh, clean air. Happy reading!