Saturday 16 January 2016

Ten of the Best #28

Hey hey hey. We’re halfway through January already. Can you believe it? And there is so much going on, I can’t keep up. So I bookmarked them all and put all my favourites from my media feeds in one place. Hope you find something to enjoy…you have probably seen most of them, but maybe I found one you missed. Click the pictures to link through to the stories.

We start with a good news story. Allan Gray, the man, who started Allan Gray, the asset management company in SA gives all to charity.


I love good choreography, and initially I thought I’d seen this before, but apparently Michael Binder saw saw what I saw - a bunch of dance scenes from popular movies matched to the song, “Uptown Funk,” he was inspired to do a similar mashup, only he wanted to use dance scenes from movies that only came out of the Golden Age of cinema.

It’s excellent, and the song’s good too.



This isn't funny. The language is appalling. But I was fascinated. Found myself saying - “Just move.” I wish I knew what the outcome was. A dude loses his mind over a breastfeeding mother on the tube, and everyone comes to her defence. Now remember, cover up while breastfeeding, moms.




Justin Cartwright on our failed state, had me wondering why a certain tweet was labelled as racist, whereas whole articles weren’t?




Staying with the political for a while. I was dying to read this. And it’s worth a read. It is long, but it made me think. A young person in SA when the first Star Wars movies came out reflects…May the force be with us.



Addictions and books. Yup, that’s me. So I was intrigued to see what Oprah though were the most addictive books of the last 25 years. Have a look.



Laugh out loud in this one - what happens when you reply to spam. It will have you watching to the end of the almost 10 minutes. I won’t forget it.



Chicks are tough.



The deaths of David Bowie and Alan Rickman were so sad. And too soon. There was so much on David Bowie, it was hard to choose a post, but here’s one of the best songs ever.



And Alan Rickman…


Adele’s latest must be setting records for the most parodies, and covers. Here’s James Corden - he does carpool karaoke with Adele. It’s quite long, but if you’re like me, you won't want to miss any - ends with a Rolling in the Deep mash up, that I loved.



And a bonus track - I'm sure you've all seen it, but Suzelle's backpack hack is cute.



Have a great weekend everyone.



1 comment:

Book Blather said...

Lol, I LOVE the Yoda cartoon! Made my weekend!! Thanks Bev!