Friday 15 January 2016

Friday Book Saga

The Friday blog has become a fun book post, in which I participate in two blog linkups- BookBeginnings and Friday56.

This Friday, I'm featuring The Storm Sister by Lucinda Riley. Here's the cover:



BookBeginnings is a weekly meme, hosted by Rose City Reader. To participate, share the opening lines and your thoughts about a book you're reading, or about to.

Beginning:

"I will always remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when I heard that my father had died. 
I was lying naked in the sun on the deck of the Neptune, with Theo’s hand resting protectively on my stomach."

I've read the first in the series - The Seven Sisters, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Here's my review.


This starts at the same point, but tells the story from Ally's point of view, and investigates her background.

I love the cover, and the beginning is exactly what I expected.

And just because this is such fun, and I so enjoy all your comments (thank you), I also participate in Friday56, hosted by Freda’s Voice on every Friday.


here are the Rules:

*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader (If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
*Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it)
*Don’t forget to add your post URL (not your blog url) at Freda’s Voice.


P56:

“The worst thing is, I feel so guilty!” I said suddenly, unable to hold it in any longer.

“Why?”

“Because…those few days on the boat were so beautiful! I was so happy – happier than I’ve ever felt in my life. And the truth is, I didn’t want anyone to contact me, so I turned off my mobile.”

...which relates back to the beginning, and what Ally was doing when her father died, coincidentally.

What do you think. Is this a book you'd love, or hate? I'd love to hear from you, and I will definitely visit you back.

Happy reading.

14 comments:

Jo said...

Definitely sounds like a good read and I would want to read this, now I am going to wonder what happens...
http://thebestbasicblogger.blogspot.com/2016/01/friday-56_15.html

Maria said...

I'm intrigued by both the beginning and the 56 - sounds very interesting to me and I'm curious as to what will happen next. Here's my Friday post

Annette said...

I love the cover for this one! I'd not heard of this or the first book - The Seven Sisters - before reading this post, so thanks for introducing me to a new series!

Kathy Martin said...

Sounds interesting. How is it seeing the same story from different viewpoints? My book this week is Unholy Blue by Darby Kaye. Happy reading!

Bev Bouwer said...

Thanks for the visit. Will check yours out.

Bev Bouwer said...

Looks good. Thanks.

Bev Bouwer said...

Well because there are seven sisters, the only parts that overlap in the story are the details of the death of their father. The other parts of the story - uncovering their pasts are distinct stories.. Yours looks good.

Bev Bouwer said...

I agree, the cover is gorgeous.

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

Now what I want to know is why someone would recieve news about death when they are are in the middle of love-making. My Friday Quotes

Lauren Stoolfire said...

Sounds like a good one - I really like the cover design!

Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings).

fredamans said...

I can relate. I'll always remember what I was doing when my dad died.
Sounds like a decent read. Happy Sunday!

Bev Bouwer said...

Well you are right, they wouldn't. But she'd left her phone off for a while, so the guilt hit.

Bev Bouwer said...

I loved the cover too. I did check your post, and it looks good too.

Bev Bouwer said...

Thanks for the visit, and for hosting the Friday 56.