Tuesday 6 June 2017

Here's to Us by Elin Hilderbrand




The cover called to me “Pick me up, take me to the beach and read me”. So I did.

If that’s what you want, this is ideal. Set in Nantucket, Laurel, Belinda and Scarlett have all been involved with Deacon Thorpe, now deceased. Out of respect for his wishes for them, they and their hangers on gather at the beach cottage one last time. There are children, partners and others

Families - especially broken ones, ravaged by the pain that only a philandering celebrity chef can cause (yup,that was Deacon’s job), are always entertaining. There is plenty afoot - from new relationships starting, to drugs, sex, lies and all forms of debauchery.


I found the characters one dimensional and the interactions between them mildly amusing at best. Give this one a skip, unless you have nothing else to read.


2 stars

ISBN: 9780316375146

Other books in this genre - I found you or The Third Wife by Lisa Jewell, or what about Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty or Commonwealth by Ann Patchett?

2017 Reviews

No comments: