Friday 23 June 2017

Friday Books - His Bloody Project

It's Friday again. Already. There you have it. Nearly time for the weekend.

BookBeginnings, hosted by Rose City Readerand The Friday 56 - hosted by Freda’s Voice both host sites for Friday link ups, where we discover more books, and make friends. Both involve sharing excerpts from a current book - the beginning and - you guessed it - page 56.

Today I'm featuring  His Bloody Project by Graeme Macrae Burnet





The interesting thing about the telling of this story is that it is presented as a collection of papers - a confession, medical reports and some transcripts of a trial. I'm nearly done, and it has been most fascinating. Set in 1869, it has a very authentic feel, which I'm loving.





Lachlan is the newly appointed "constable" of the village, and he wastes no time in making the Macrae's lives difficult, in a nasty kind of way. 

I'm nearly done - my kindle tells me I've got 20 minutes left, so I'm going to stop blogging and finish reading now.

Tell me what you're busy with in the comments and I'll visit your blog.

7 comments:

Lauren Stoolfire said...

This sounds like it could be good! Thanks for sharing!

Lauren @ Always Me

Breana M. said...

This one seems kind of interesting. Enjoy!

Stormi said...

Heard of this one, hope you are enjoying it!

Stormi
Friday Memes

sherry fundin said...

Looking at the cover, I didn't think his visits would be a good thing.
sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

Elza Reads said...

I love a "different" style of writing. Like telling the story in transcripts and letters and diary entries. Have you read The Three by Sarah Lotz? Also very interesting way of telling the story.

This does sound good, will look into it. Enjoy your weekend Bev!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I don't like the sound of that constable at all! How intrusive!

Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “THE SUNSHINE SISTERS”

fredamans said...

You have definitely captured my attention, especially with that beginning! Have a great week ahead!