Monday 12 June 2017

Cheerleader

It's been a while, hasn't it?




But it is Monday again, and time to get our feet dancing, arms pumping and heartbeat racing. Come on - just a little bit, then you can hit the week with more energy, feeling better about yourself, and just a little fitter and stronger than before.

And today, since it's been so very long since we've really done this, we need ourselves a little song to get us started. You know, one we can hum as we go, or even play while we dash, pretending we're enjoying this exercise thing, until we forget that we're pretending and think with a little bolt of joy that we actually are. 

I have just the song. Cheerleader. And oh the irony, there are so many covers, I don't know who did the original. Sigh. If you do, please leave me a comment. But for now, both these remixes are quite the thing to get us moving -  the one by Felix Jaehn...



And definitely the Pentatonix version.





Oh, I think that I've found myself a cheerleader
She is always right there when I need her
Oh, I think that I've found myself a cheerleader
She is always right there when I need her




And this post would not be complete without a shout out to my running buddy - my cheerleader. Together we've dodged taxis, bounded uncovered drains, leaped over sleeping people, forded streams waded through tall grass and faced down angry motorists. And we're still going. Strong. Smiling. Running (mostly). 

Have a great workout today.

No comments: