Friday 3 June 2016

Friday book - Daisy in Chains

On Fridays I participate in BookBeginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader, and The Friday 56 - hosted by Freda’s Voice. Both involve sharing excerpts from a current book - the beginning and - you guessed it - page 56.

This week's book-





Click the cover for the Goodreads blurb.


HMP Isle of Wight
Clissold Road
Newport

My love,

When I think of the moments that have given me greatest pleasure: scaling an impossible rock face, watching the moon over the ocean on Christmas morning, the first time my dog saw snow - all of them pale beside the second I looked into your eyes and knew that you loved me.

Here's my 56%



"Maggie, pick up. Pete, I know you're there. Come on, you both need to hear this."

Maggie feels her face drain. "He's messing with us. Leave it."



I LOVE Sharon Bolton. The opening lines are written by Hamish Wolfe, a prisoner, who has many admirers not so secretly love with him. Maggie is a reclusive author who isn't one of them, yet she gets caught up with a group trying to prove his innocence. Pete is the detective who put Hamish behind bars.

This becomes a cat and mouse of epic proportions, and will have you compulsively turning the pages until its thrilling conclusion, as it did me. 

Tell me what you're reading, and I'll pay you a visit. 

Happy reading everyone.

11 comments:

Lee @ Never a Sidekick said...

I don't know what to think, between the quote and the blood on the cover it sounds very interesting. cool choice

My 56

Breana M. said...

I haven't heard of this one before, but it looks interesting. Thanks for sharing! :-)

Wee Shubba said...

This is new one for me. It's sounds intriguing.

Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Shubba @ Wee Shubba's World.

Yvonne said...

This sounds really good. I never read anything by this author before.

sherry fundin said...

The cover and title make me think this one might be for me. I like dark and twisted.
sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

Kathy Martin said...

This sounds really creepy. I haven't heard of the book or author before. My book this week is To Love a Wolf by Paige Dixon. Happy reading!

Unknown said...

I love this authorand can't wait to read this one. I've heard it's excellent. Enjoy!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I've been noticing this book, and I'm drawn to this kind of story. Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “WILDE LAKE”

fredamans said...

I think I need more. I'm just not sold but it sounds ok so far.
Happy weekend!

Unknown said...

I'm thinking this is one I should read. Love that title and cover too!

My Friday 56 from Lady Renegades

Lauren Stoolfire said...

I like the sound of these snippets! Thanks for sharing!