Monday 5 November 2018

Take it easy

Good morning all you bright sparks - up early to exercise. I'm done with my walk, and it was a good one today. And I'm wondering what music I feel like today?

And it struck me - at this busy frenetic time of year what we all need.

To take it easy. If you're running well, do it. Enjoy every second. If you're walking, take in the sights, the sounds, the smells, the feels. The one thing we don't need more of today is stress or any kind of pressure. And our exercise should be a respite from the busy-ness not adding to our woes. 



And if while you're doing this, you get a surge of energy, and you want to kill the last few kilometres, or you take a deep breath, and decide to walk another block, I say go for it. But do it because you can, and you want to, not because you're making yourself, or pushing on through the pain to get to another horrid and harsh goal. 

So today's tune? Well here're the lyrics - do you remember it? 

Relax, take it easy

For there is nothing that we can do
Relax, take it easy
Blame it on me or blame it on you

It's from 2007, believe it or not - here's Mika, with the music video. 



Enjoy your workout, your Monday, your week. 



No comments: