Friday 2 November 2018

Friday Books - Transcription by Kate Atkinson

Welcome to BookBeginnings and Friday56 - where we share books on Fridays. It's a great way to start the weekend.

Book Beginnings is hosted by Rose City Reader.




 Here's the beginning of the book I'm featuring today.


This is one I've just put down, finished - I loved it. Juliet Armstrong works for the BBC in the 1950s on  Children's Hour, but ten years ago, she was a spy in London in WWII - transcribing conversations on her trusty typewriter. 



At Freda's Voice, you'll find the Friday56, where the excerpt comes from page 56 or 56% in your Kindle.

Here's page 56 of Transcription by Kate Atkinson.


I wanted to give you a feel for how the transcriptions were written in the book - so I took a picture (I'm not the world's best photographer - forgive all the shadows). It shows the transcription by Juliet of the conversation between the spy and the unwitting informers.

I have done a review, for those of you who're interested to read further.

What are you reading this weekend? I'd love to visit your blog and check it out.

11 comments:

Breana M. said...

This looks like such an interesting book. Thanks for mentioning it. :-)

Sassy Brit @ Alternative-Read.com said...

Great picture!

I do like the 'between darkness and daylight' line!

Here is my Friday Post! Have a great weekend!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I have loved some books by this author, so now I'm intrigued. Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

fredamans said...

Sounds very interesting. I do like the second cover best. :-) Happy weekend!

Kathy Martin said...

Sounds like an interesting story. This week I am featuring a historical mystery - A Dangerous Duet by Karen Odden. Happy reading!

Ashley Sapp said...

I'm so intrigued by this one! Thanks for sharing! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

Laura said...

I'd really like to read this. Thanks for steering me to this one.

My Friday 56 from Fairest

Catherine @ Book Club Librarian said...

I've been curious about this book. Thanks for sharing it!

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

I am sure I would love this too. In fact I am adding it to my TBR right now. My book is called 1968 Do you remember that year?

Yvonne @ Fiction Books Reviews said...

I too, prefer the second cover option. I do like a cover which in some way reflects the title and premise of a book, and the first option for 'Transcription' rather eludes me!

I have to admit to being probably one of the few people who have never read a Kate Atkinson book before, but this one is already pulling me in, so might well be a good starting place for me.

Thanks for sharing and enjoy your weekend :)

Yvonne
xx

Nicki J. Markus / Asta Idonea said...

The premise certainly intrigues me. Happy Reading.