Monday 22 October 2018

Girls like us

This morning, I was wondering - where is my inspiration to run going to come from?

It could have been from the Jacarandas in Jozi this time of year - I only have to glance at my phone to see all your lovely pictures of the purple carpets, the purple haze looking down the street, and the wonderful purple rain. 



Or it could have been the fact that outside right now is just the perfect temperature for running - it's got that spark of coolness, with the the sunstreams through the tree branches onto the tarmac, promising warmth when they gently stroke your back later.

But today, it's the music - as it so often is. I'm so enjoying Maroon 5's Girls like You - feat. Cardi B.

I found the clip online, and I love all the energy in this. 

Spent 24 hours, I need more hours with you
You spent the weekend getting even, ooh
We spent the late nights making things right between us
But now it's all good, babe
Roll that Backwood, babe
And play me close

'Cause girls like you run 'round with guys like me
'Til sundown when I come through
I need a girl like you, yeah yeah
Girls like you love fun, and yeah, me too
What I want when I come through
I need a girl like you, yeah yeah

It's clean, fun, and so feminine. And since I run and walk (mainly) with women (there are one or two exceptions), here's a shout out to my favourite girl running friends. You know who you are.

'Cause girls like you run 'round with guys like me
'Til sundown when I come through
I need a girl like you, yeah yeah
Girls like you love fun, and yeah, me too
What I want when I come through
I need a girl like you, yeah yeah

Yeah yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah
I need a girl like you, yeah yeah
Yeah yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah
I need a girl like you, yeah yeah
I need a girl like you, yeah yeah
I need a girl like you

Maybe it's 6:45
Maybe I'm barely alive
Maybe you've taken my shit for the last time, yeah
Maybe I know that I'm drunk
Maybe I know you're the one
Maybe you thinking it's better if you drive

Let's do this. As my daughter says - Woman up, it's time to run.




No comments: