Saturday 13 October 2018

Ten of the Best #137



Hey hey hey, it's finally Saturday. And time, together with great wifi connectivity and speed to catch up on the stuff we missed on social media - you know what I mean. The link you scrolled past in that meeting, the one you couldn't press play on, because you were supposed to be working, and others would have heard you, the many articles you had no time to read, and of course that one you couldn't download, because you have no more data, and you weren't connected to the wifi.

I've collected my favourites, and I'm sharing them with you. It's been quite a week.

My favourite pic is on the right, but scroll down for the clips and articles and music.


Kanye West, Taylor Swift and politics. Catch up with Trev.



I loved this article - "Relax, Ladies. Don’t Be So Uptight. You Know You Want It" by Anastasia Basil, and this quote "She was never famous, just one of many unsung feminists who stuck her hand down the drain and cleared the sludge for the rest of us."



Peter Bruce's insights into the SARS scandal at the Sunday Times, and SA journalism in general was interesting. Click the book cover to read the article.



The seasoned reasoned Ferial Haffajee on the perils of Twitter ignoramuses. Click the Zapiro for the article.



More from sunny SA -the Wonderbag...as featured in Time Magazine.




Food fight! A man and his dog. This clip was one of my favourites. I've watched it ten times.




More funny dogs... 





50 empowering quotes. Love these




Ten books to read in October.




It sure is a scary time for boys...




Jason Mraz -I keep finding new reasons to love the man. Here he talks about the value of a music education.




How did I miss this one? James Corden and Gwen Stefani. And two amazing carpool karaoke guests. Or maybe I didn't miss it, I've just forgotten it. Either way, it's worth a re-share. Your bonus bonus post.



That's your Ten Twelve, peeps. Enjoy the weekend. See y'all next week.

No comments: