Friday 27 October 2017

Friday Books - Her Every Fear

Good Morning fellow bloggers and readers.It's Friday.Time to hook up with other book admirers and share excerpts from the books around us.


At Rose City Reader, you'll find Book Beginnings, where you share the first line, and  a few thoughts about the book.


At Freda's Voice, you'll find the Friday56, where the excerpt comes from page 56 or 56% in your Kindle.

I'm abandoning the book I'm reading to pick this one up, in the hope it goes more quickly.




Following a brutal attack, Kate Priddy makes the uncharacteristically bold decision of moving from London to Boston - in an apartment swap with her cousin, Corbin Dell.

But soon after her arrival Kate makes a shocking discovery: Corbin's next-door neighbour, Audrey Marshall, may have been murdered.

Far from home and emotionally unstable, her imagination playing out her every fear, who can Kate trust?

I think it may be just what I'm looking for.


Creepy, right? And this cover is so unsettling. Peter Swanson wrote The Kind Worth Killing, which I loved, so I'm looking forward to this.

I can't wait for work to be done today, so I can get reading. Oh, and then I'll read all your lovely blogs with your books too. Tell me what you're reading in the comments below.

And have a great weekend.

15 comments:

Lauren Stoolfire said...

Sounds like the perfect read for the season! Happy reading!

Sassy Brit @ Alternative-Read.com said...

Hi there,

This guy's a fantastic author. I hope this one is good! Sounds terrific to me.

Here's my entry for #Friday56 and #Bookbeginnings http://bit.ly/2iFfb4z (It's the second book in the 'An Ember in the Ashes' series) - 'A Torch Against the Night.

Have an ab fab weekend!

Luv from Sassy x

Kathy Martin said...

This does sound really creepy. I have a science fiction book this week - The Collapsing Empire by John Scalzi. Happy reading!

Nina said...

Yes, both of them sound creepy!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I have heard good things about this book (and this author). Enjoy! Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

Lisa Ks Book Reviews said...

Oh no. I can't read books where women are brutally attacked. It sticks with me way to long. The first cover stands out more to me than the other one. I hope you and your readers will check out mine today . . . http://tinyurl.com/LisaKsBookReviewsCF-DotKM

Literary Feline said...

I am looking forward to reading this one as well! I read The Girl With a Clock For a Heart earlier not too long ago, and while I didn't love it, I did like it. And I liked Swanson's writing. I've heard his other books are better and I'm looking forward to giving them a try. I can't resist a good mystery. :-)

Katherine P said...

This sounds like a great thriller! I love the apartment swap and I can never resist an unreliable narrator. I'll definitely be giving this one a try!

Yvonne @ Fiction Books Reviews said...

Hi Bev,

I haven't read anything by this author, however I did notice that 'The Kind Worth Killing', which you also mention in your post, is also London / Boston based, so something of a common theme going on there?

I do enjoy a good psychological thriller, but there are just so many authors entering the genre, that I can't ever hope to read them all.

It goes without saying that your excerpts have me hooked on this one :)

'Happy Reading'

Yvonne

fredamans said...

Love the 56, and the accompanying cover! I added you to the Linky. Happy weekend!

Ashley Sapp said...

Oh wow... this does sound creepy! And that first cover... it gives me the chills! Thanks for sharing! :)

fredamans said...

I didn't need to add you to the linky... I'm just blind, sorry. LOL

Nicki J. Markus / Asta Idonea said...

Sounds creepy! Enjoy!

Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense said...

What a perfect thriller for this time of year. Happy Friday!

Roberta said...

The first bit definitely sets the stage for creepy. I have a feeling things might not go so well for the cousin?

Thanks for sharing this. I will be looking for it.