Last week's post, Ten of the Best, got quite a lot of attention. A few of you referred to the fact that I would now do this weekly. All because I pointed out that Saturday morning was a good time to catch up on what you missed on social media, and I was being helpful by posting this all in one place. Please be aware that this is not a commitment to do this weekly. But you were so nice, I am doing it again, Just this week. Here's a round up of my favourites. Ten of them:
For those who missed last week - don't forget your back button in your browser. It'll bring you right back here so that you can keep scrolling through all the amazing stuff.
1. We start with something heavy. Let's just say it. SA is not having a good day. Or a good week. Our government's blatant disregard for the rule of law makes us wonder if we have anything left to be remotely proud of. This was a good article from the Daily Telegraph:
2. Make you want to drink more? Here's the good news - you can, red wine is good for us. Trust me to find the article on the food you know you really want to consume. Click the pic.
3. Yayyay for Taytay. Taylor Swift is my favourite artist. She's
taken on Apple. She says its unfair that artists don't get paid immediately for their work. She's right. And she won. "Long live the walls she crashed through...one day she will be remembered." Click the pic for the article.
Yay for TayTay
4. Arnold Schwarzenegger is very funny in this clip at the wax musuem. The picture is for free. Click it.
5. And now for something completely inspirational. I think this is a post everyone should read. But I need to declare a little conflict of interest - the man who wrote this is married to me. That doesn't mean he can't create good stuff. This is. Wayne on what's in a name?
6. John Oliver said on TV what he would do if Sepp Blatter was made to go. Then Sepp did. So John also had to. Watch it here. And don't promise stoopid things on TV. Ever.
7. A very old ad, that I hadn't seen is doing the rounds again. It appealed to me.
8. Buenos Aires has the most book shops per capita in the world, but I bet you didn’t know this about Joburg: We have the most second hand book shops per capita. In the world. Just another good reason to live here. Click the pic.
9. Must love Hobbes...I LOVE Calvin and Hobbes. You too? Then you'll love this story. Whoever did this must also love the iconic comics too. A boy leaves a stuffed tiger at the airport, and look what they did. Click on one of my favourite Calvin and Hobbes comics for the link.
10. We end with the inimitable Trevor Noah on why coloureds tell the best stories. Enjoy. And have a great weekend.
Oh, and for those of you who, like me, are the classic overachievers - here it is - the bonus track. It's quite amusing. WARNING - for the overachievers only - You won't find it funny if you're not like me. It's on "Millenials in the workplace" Oh, and I don't know any. Millenials, that is.
Loved it, wine article especially. Wow and I made the list, tough standard to keep.
And you have a pic now....I want a pageview in return!
Post a Comment