Friday 27 January 2017

Ten of the Best #77

Good morning. It's raining in January in our drought-stricken country, Trump was inaugurated, and we have two Australian open finals this weekend that were more likely to take place in the 2000's than in 2017. What a weird and wonderful world we live in.

Which face are you?

If, like me, you didn't have time to keep up with the pace of change and news this week, you've come to the right place. Here's where I give you my ten best picks. And let me tell you, every time I picked up my phone there was yet another rant about DJT. We cannot get enough. If it wasn't the Netherlands using his own words against him, it was the body language translations, or the lip reading of what should have been said over what was. But I'm sure you've watched all those.



This for me was the most shocking. Trump addresses the CIA  after his inauguration. What a dreadful speech (in full (long) here), but click the Zapiro cartoon for why it was so shocking - a summary. I checked, this isn't fake, he really did say those words. Seriously.



Here's a guy who's not going to give Trump a chance. You too? 



Who didn't go to the women’s march is more important than who did, apparently. 



More importantly, here's how to raise a trail-blazing daughter.


Why the world is a better place by Tom Eaton. Two words. Donald Trump. Quite optimistic, for Tom.




Lest we forget what Obama did do. 





And in case you thought you were, you are not equal, I’m sorry.



And now for something completely different, snow in the Sahara. Well no wonder, really.




So beautiful. So is Breathing by Jesse Clegg and Shekhinah 





And a little game for you to play - I got most right. Guess the author from the book excerpt. 



Yes, we've had a lot of Trump this week, and rants and anger. So we need a bonus post. Here are some top hairstyles for you to try. Pity my daughters won't let me experiment on them, I know I could get these right with a little bit of practice. Okay, a lot of practice. 




Once again, thank you to all my friends. It's because of you and your wonderful material that I can do this late on a Friday evening, when I should be fast asleep. You know who you are, and you can prove it too. 

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend, and relax. It's going to be a weird and wonderful year.

No comments: