Wednesday 28 September 2016

Marinated Mushroom Salad

I thought I'd done them all - every single one of my recipes online. I don't have all that many, I thought. Well clearly I do. Because last night when I wanted to make Marinated Mushroom Salad, and I looked online - voila - it wasn't there. And hence today I have a recipe to share.

1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon dried oregano - or fresh is great too
Freshly ground black pepper
1 or 1 1/2 punnets mushrooms
1/2 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
8 to 12 pitted kalamata olives, halved (optional)
handfuls of chopped herbs - like chives

In a large serving bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar, mustard, oregano, salt, and pepper. Whisk together. Add mushrooms, tomatoes, olives, and parsley. Stir to combine. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Stir again before serving. Serve cold or at room temperature.

Now make a green salad. Add your favourite protein - chicken breasts, or fish fillets, or even some halloumi. There you go. Dinner, sorted.

I found this first on deliciouseats.com

More recipes

No comments: