Thursday 15 September 2016

I Found You by Lisa Jewell

Alice is a single mum to three children. She lives in East Yorkshire and is not known for making the world's best life-decisions. So when she finds a man on the beach with nothing - no identity, no money, no jacket and no memory - no one thinks it is a good idea to take him in, not even Alice's own children, or Alice herself.

Denny, Alice's best friend is cautiously supportive, and they try to unravel the story.

Lily, new to London, having married the man of her dreams (who she hardly knows) three weeks ago in Kiev, and now having "lost" him is completely unravelled.

Meanwhile, back in 1993 in Surrey, a family of four meet a self-assured young man and befriend him too. 

The three stories move at a gentle pace to start off, but then the danger, and the intrigue pick up. Who can be trusted?

Some of my recent reviews
Lisa Jewell has found her niche. Somewhere between chick-lit and psychological thrillers. This is lighter than The Girls, but with more angst and agony than After the Party. I think the best part of reading her books is they're edgy, without being too gory and dark, thus giving them a wider appeal. I will be holding this one up high at my book club, recommending it to everyone, no reservations. You should read it too.

5 stars

ISBN: 9781780893617


You may also enjoy After the Party or The Third Wife by Lisa Jewell. Or try another Lisa - Hall - read Between You and Me.


2 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I've read and loved several books by this author, so I'm looking forward to this one...which I have sitting right there on my coffee table/trunk.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Glad you enjoyed it.

Bev Bouwer said...

I did, and I see you've read The Girls in the Garden, which was The Girls here, I loved that one too.

Thanks for the comment. Hope you enjoy I Found You.