Friday 16 September 2016

Friday Book Find

I am so glad it's Friday. 

It means we get to link up with these wonderful blogs and share our favourite things - Books.

BookBeginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader, and The Friday 56 - hosted by Freda’s Voice are where you'll find them. Both involve sharing excerpts from a current book - the beginning and - you guessed it - page 56.






How beautiful is that cover? And I love the image of a cottage at the sea, that is built for little people. That is where Alice Lake and her three children live. Alice knows she has made poor life choices, so when a stranger shows up on the beach with no memory of how he got there, she is in a quandary.







Jo is Russ (the person talking to Lily)'s wife. She is mad that he is helping Lily out.
I raced through this book this week, so I have finished and reviewed it. It was a delight - such great characters, and clever plotting - who can you trust?




Tell me what you're reading in the comments, and I'll pay you a visit. 

Happy reading everyone.

14 comments:

Dual Reads said...

I haven't read anything by Lisa Jewell before but I've heard good things. I really like that first sentence - it's sort of cosy and atmospheric!
Here's my Friday Reads

Yvonne @ Fiction Books Reviews said...

Hi Bev,

I too, have never read anything by Lisa Jewell, but I think that is because the books I have always been made aware of, have either been too much 'chick lit' or 'rom com' for me.

Lisa seems to write across such a wide variety of genres, that it can be difficult to weed out the books like 'I Found You', which are much more to my liking and I which I would read in a flash, so thanks for sharing this one!

I also love the way in which you presented this post, with the lovely caption boxes :)

Yvonne

Bev Bouwer said...

Thanks Yvonne. Thought my blog needed a refresh. And I'm really not very good at design, more interested in the words, but I tried. Thanks for noticing!

Nicole said...

That 56 made me smile I can just see a Tupperware container being thrown at someone. Happy Friday!

Breana M. said...

This sounds like a book I would enjoy. Thanks for mentioning it. :-)

karen said...

I have a couple of Lisa Jewell books waiting to be read. I think I'll be adding this one, as well! Thanks for sharing!

sherry fundin said...

That cover and the setting would lure me in.

sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

Kathy Martin said...

I've never read anything by this author. It does sound good. My pick this week is Stalking Ground by Margaret Mizushima - newly released mystery. Happy reading!

Catherine @ Book Club Librarian said...

This book sounds like a lovely read. Like you, I love the image of the cottage by the sea. Lisa Jewell is on my list of authors to read, and I hope to pick up one of her novels soon.

Unknown said...

A new author to me and one I plan on checking out!

My Friday 56 from Bloodmark

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I love this author, and have this one on my stack. Hope to read it soon! Thanks for sharing and reminding me that I want to immerse myself in this one.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

fredamans said...

Sounds like a great read. Both covers strike different feelings in me though. Happy weekend!

Stacey Minter said...

I have this on my list to read and looking forward to reading it sometime soon. It looks like a great one and the cover is pretty as well. Hope You enjoy it have a great weekend.

Lauren Stoolfire said...

The cover is quite beautiful! :)

Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings).