Sunday 3 February 2019

Ten of the best #146

I know, I know. I've been a little distracted... But there's nothing like a few hours of watching your sister undergo plasma treatment and great hospital wi-fi to inspire you to recap the best from your timelines and enjoy the experience... (If you don't know what I'm talking about, here's the story.)

Clearly, I've been living under a rock - I hadn't seen this..."You should've asked" - my least favourite husbanding term. It is, in fact, banned from our house.


And guess what? It makes us feel empty, all this invisible labour.


This has inspired the following message to men - since they will say we should have told THEM.



Now here's a useful post. For when you're doing that late night "What the heck is on TV?" thing, and all the fabulous things you wanted to watch when you never had the time have just disappeared off the face of the earth (and your playlist).


It's cold in the US of A, and Donald Duck, I mean Trump thinks we need MORE global warming...  Seriously????


I LOVE all the ideas in this book, can I get a copy already?


Gosh, I still LOVE this song. And this live version. Enjoy Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga singing Shallow.



Using the p-word in SA is hardly ever a good idea...


This was sad, and scary.


What lovely writing in this article from the Daily Maverick?


This excerpt from a TED talk on the effect of incivility. Wow.



The best books coming from across the globe...


Well, that's it from me this week. Hope you enjoyed the Ten more than Ten - see you all next weekend.

Enjoy.

Here's last week.

No comments: