Friday 1 February 2019

Friday Books - The Clockmaker's Daughter

Welcome to BookBeginnings and Friday56 - where we share books on Fridays. It's a great way to start the weekend.

Book Beginnings is hosted by Rose City Reader.




 Here's the beginning of the book I'm featuring today.



Such beautiful writing from one of my favourite authors, on the very first page.



At Freda's Voice, you'll find the Friday56, where the excerpt comes from page 56 or 56% in your Kindle.

Here's page 56 of .The Clockmaker's Daughter by Kate Morton.



 I'm not sure nostalgia's ever in vogue, but I like the notion. Isn't this the way prettier cover?

I have done a review, for those of you who're interested to read further.

What are you reading this weekend? I'd love to visit your blog and check it out.

13 comments:

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

Really beautiful writing. I hope you continue to enjoy it. My book was Where the Crawdads Sing

Breana M. said...

I haven't heard of this one before, but it sounds interesting. I'm going to add it to my TBR list. Thanks for mentioning it! :-)

Bev Bouwer said...

Oh good. Thanks for the visit

Bev Bouwer said...

Ooh I can’t wait to read Crawdads - I’m waiting on a book club copy.

Catherine @ Book Club Librarian said...

I like Kate Morton's books and can't wait to read this one.

fredamans said...

This is one I'd like to read. I like both covers as well. Happy weekend!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I have been eyeing this book for a while. Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

Kathy Martin said...

Sounds like a good book. I like the writing in the beginning and 56. I'm featuring The Military Wife by Laura Trentham from my review stack this week. Happy reading!

Roberta said...

The second cover is very pretty.

I didn't get a good sense of the voice or tone of the book, so I went to your review and realized that might be because they are separate characters. Having a big cast of characters isn't easy to pull off because, as you say, it is hard to make them memorable enough for the reader to care. Enjoyed your review.

Laura said...

I think I'd enjoy this one too. And the second is lovely.

My Friday 56 from Match Me If You Can

Literary Feline said...

I tried another of Kate Morton's novels and couldn't get into it. I would like to try something else by her, and this one especially appeals to me. Have a great weekend.

Nicki J. Markus / Asta Idonea said...

I enjoyed this one. I am saving my copy to pass on to my mother.

Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense said...

Love the light tone in this 56. Hope you enjoy your weekend!