Monday 8 May 2017

Set fire to the rain

Do you ever half wake up in the wee hours and hear that soft relentless rain, or the piercing cracks of thunder with the snaky shaky flashes of lightning that you can see even through closed eyes? Or maybe you can just feel them? Doesn't matter, you know they're there.
It makes me smile, snuggle down and think - oh yay, no running in the morning.

Only it usually stops, or at least breaks enough for me to still go. Or, I could just get wet...Imagine that. But usually, I don't.

Please don't say you can't run in the rain. So many runs have been stolen from us that way. This week, if that happens, and you can't stand the squelchy shoes, the dripping hair or the soggy shirt, why don't you try a walk? Yes, with an umbrella and yes in the rain.


Because there is no stopping us. We are doing this exercise thing. Whether we run, walk or swim, we're getting fitter, stronger, and nobody is going to stop us.

Makes me think of some music to get us going. Adele's "Set fire to the rain". How about that?

If like me, you're going to run anyway, let's go so fast, that the downpour just steams off us. I bet you've never sung this song that way. I'm going to.

I set fire to the rain,

Watched it pour as I touched your face,

Well, it burned while I cried

'Cause I heard it screaming out your name, your name


That's me, screaming out your name - come on, we can do this!

Happy running.

More Monday Motivations

No comments: