Friday 12 May 2017

Friday Books - Behind Her Eyes


Friday again. Already? Time to do things other than work. Well perhaps. The weekend is looking rather busy, so we'll see.


BookBeginnings, hosted by Rose City Readerand The Friday 56 - hosted by Freda’s Voice are the hosting sites for the Friday link ups, where we discover more books, and make friends. Both involve sharing excerpts from a current book - the beginning and - you guessed it - page 56.


What am I reading? Well, I'm so glad you asked. It's 










That certainly hooked me. So whoever this is, has clearly had some problems. But who is it in the "NOW"? 







I know you want to read it now. I'll say no more. Except to ask about the covers. Because I really loe them both. Which is your favourite?


I'm enjoying quick, thrilling reads. So I can get completely engrossed and forget about everything else for a while. This ticked all the boxes. Here's my review.

What're you reading today? 

Thanks for visiting. Have a great weekend.
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

16 comments:

JLS Hall said...

That is definitely a great beginning. And both covers are grabbers. Now I want to know more about this one. Thanks for sharing!

Breana M. said...

Actually, I like both covers; although, I prefer the look of the first one.

sherry fundin said...

I like both covers, but the bottom one is creepier. I like it better.
sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Definitely a riveting read! I loved it, although I was somewhat stunned by the ending. But that's a good thing, right?

Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

Kathy Martin said...

Sounds intriguing. This week I am reading Edited Out by E. J. Copperman. Happy reading!

Sandra Nachlinger said...

The beginning definitely draws me in. What's going on with that character? Is it mental illness or something else? I'd keep reading to find out. I like the first cover because it grabs me with the focus on one eye.
My Friday post features The Secret Wife.

Elza Reads said...

Definitely want to read it now yes!!! Love the way you drafted this post, great work.

Happy weekend! http://marelithalkink.blogspot.co.za/2017/05/friday-meets-12-may-2017.html

Yvonne @ Fiction Books Reviews said...

Hi Bev,

As I was reading your post I had the feeling that both title and author were familiar. As I checked out the full synopsis on Goodreads, I realised that I had already marked the book as 'Want To Read' some time ago, so that explains it!

I definitely prefer the first cover option, although it is uncannily like 'Before I Go To Sleep' by S.J. Watson, another book I have still to read!

Your excerpts are both creepy, although I prefer the opening lines and I am wondering if someone is being held captive if they are 'thinking of a door'?

Thanks for sharing and enjoy your weekend :)

Yvonne

Nadene @Ttly Addicted 2 Reading said...

Both books are new. The excepts are intriguing. Thanks for sharing. Here is my post
http://totallyaddictedtoreading.blogspot.com/2017/05/friday-memes-book-beginnings-and-friday.html

Unknown said...

I love her writing! It's been too long since I've picked up and read one of her books.

My Friday 56 from Silver Threads

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

It sounds like a very good beginning. I hope the rest of the book is as good.
My Friday Quotes

Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense said...

Oh, that 56 screams messy! Sounds like the protagonist is suffering from a case of guilt. Hope you enjoy your weekend!

fredamans said...

You have me very curious!! Happy weekend!

Sassy Brit @ Alternative-Read.com said...

Oh yes, this is my kind of read!

Adding this one to my book pile(s).

Thanks for sharing

Here's mine: http://bit.ly/2rah60P

Sassy
:)

Lauren Stoolfire said...

I've been eyeing this at the library - I like the sound of the snippets! :)

Lauren @ Always Me

patrickbeverley675 said...

I am so excited for This covers book!! http://aazae.com/