Friday 8 June 2018

Friday Books - Red Sparrow by Jason Matthews

It's usually great fun on a Friday to check out other book bloggers' shares and enjoy quotes from the books they were reading. 


At Book Beginningshosted by Rose City Reader, you share the first line, and  a few thoughts about the book.





Today I'm featuring Red Sparrow by Jason Matthews. Here's the beginning.





I know the movie was big, and you cant read the book without picturing Jennifer Lawrence, but really, this is too good to miss for that reason. Dominika, Nate and all the spies, and the spies on spies, the secrets, the lies.





(At Freda's Voice, you'll find the Friday56, where the excerpt comes from page 56 or 56% in your Kindle.)



Here's page 56.



This was a great spy novel, and I couldn't put it down. I'm going to enjoy sharing it with book club, now I'm done. I've just posted my review, if you want to check it out.


What are you reading this weekend?  Leave me a comment with what you're featuring and I'll check it out.

10 comments:

Sassy Brit @ Alternative-Read.com said...

I've seen this around and it does look great! I'm even more intrigued by this now.

Good choice.

Happy Friday! Here is my F56 and Book Beginning choice: http://bit.ly/EmptySuitorsF56

Sassy x

Kathy Martin said...

Sounds good. I've heard of the movie but haven't seen it. This week I am featuring Death and a Pot of Chowder by Cornelia Kidd. Happy reading!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I love the sound of this book...and have the movie just waiting in my Amazon Prime queue. But I think I should read the book first. Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

fredamans said...

Haven't read the book, but I do have the film in my screening room. Haven't watched it. I'm on the fence. The premise doesn't really appeal to me, and I heard mixed reviews. It's because of the mix that I have a curiosity though. Hope you enjoy it! Happy weekend!

Roberta said...

I read your review. Glad you enjoyed it. I think this one will be my airplane read for an upcoming trip.

Roberta said...

I'm not sure my last comment went through?

Anyway, it looks good. I saw your review and am glad you enjoyed it. I think this one will be my airplane read on an upcoming trip.

Katherine P said...

I think I'd enjoy the book more than the movie! The movie looked fun but I really like the teasers.

Lauren Stoolfire said...

I had no idea there was a book. Happy reading!

Lauren @ Always Me

Nicki J. Markus / Asta Idonea said...

Glad you enjoyed it. I would have liked to have seen the film, but didn't get there. Maybe on DVD.

Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense said...

Sounds like a really interesting book. I would have a hard time not picturing the actress as well. Happy Friday!