Monday 13 March 2017

Stern stuff

It's a good morning this morning.

I was reflecting this weekend. Considering all the things we face, daily. For me and my family, it's not been a great deal in the abundant life department - if it isn't illness, hospitalisation, deteriorating life threatening conditions, then it's the mental challenges of holding yourself and each other together through that; and when you think you may just make it, some disruptions - a burglary, a loss, a tree falling down. You get the picture?

Sometimes it's just one enormous thing, that changes everything - nothing is the same, it's all that much more difficult. The mountain is steeper and higher and rockier than yesterday; help feels thin on the ground, and you have less strength to face it than before.

In another thoughtful moment, I was wondering, really wondering how babies survive their first few months of existence? They're given to complete rookies, no experience, no manual, and in our case, no clue. Yet they don't seem to just survive, they thrive?

There's only one possible conclusion to these rambling thoughts - "We are made of stern stuff". Sterner than you would think. Our frail and fragile humanity, if we are asked to surrender it, turns out to have a back of steel, a spine of stone.

If you've come this far, and you're reading this today, you are resilient, and courageous, and you have more strength than you ever would have believed.

I'm going to celebrate that by having a run, and then a freshly brewed cappuccino and spend a few minutes in gratitude to my Creator that I'm still here. Then I'm going to have a good day.

Have you guessed our playlist for the exercise regime yet?

Come on, there's only one choice - TITANIUM, by David Guetta, featuring Sia.



I'm bulletproof nothing to lose
Fire away, fire away
Ricochet, you take your aim
Fire away, fire away
You shoot me down but I won't fall, I am titanium
You shoot me down but I won't fall
I am titanium

Let's do this. Bring. It. On.

Last month's motivation. Yes it's been a while.

2 comments:

Glenna said...

LOVE this post!

Bev Bouwer said...

Thanks Glenna! I enjoyed writing it!