Friday 5 October 2018

Friday Books - The Killing Lessons

Welcome to BookBeginnings and Friday56 -where we share books on Fridays. It's a great way to start the weekend.

Book Beginnings is hosted by Rose City Reader.


 Here's the beginning of the book I'm featuring today.

The instant Rowena Cooper stepped out of her warm cookie-scented kitchen and saw the two men standing in her back hallway, snow melting from the rims of their boots, she knew exactly what this was: her own fault.

I loved that opening - it drew me right in, even though I'm sure it's not her fault. This page-turner of note has me up late at night, willing my eyes to stay open for one more chapter. The link on the cover will take you to the goodreads blurb.





At Freda's Voice, you'll find the Friday56, where the excerpt comes from page 56 or 56% in your Kindle.

Here's an excerpt from page 56 of The Killing Lessons by Saul Black.

Six days had passed. He'd brought no books to read. Reading had gone the way of writing. Reading and writing were proof that you were still interested in the world, still intrigued, still bothered.

The quote is actually on p57, but I loved it so thought I'd cheat - a little. I'm also enjoying the writing - it's not often you want to quote from crime thrillers, but there you are.

What are you reading this weekend? I'd love to visit your blog and check it out.

9 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I love the excerpts...and now I want to read more. Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

fredamans said...

What a lovely and true 56. That beginning though pulled me right in!!! Sounds like a great read! I am grateful for your participation every week. Happy Canadian Thanksgiving weekend!

Catherine @ Book Club Librarian said...

Great excerpts! Adding this book to my wish list.

Kathy Martin said...

I like both excerpts too. This sounds like a great thriller. This week I am featuring A Crafter Knits a Clue by Holly Quinn from my review stack. Happy reading!

The Candid Cover said...

That is such a gripping beginning! I am definitely intrigued to know more about what happened. I hope that you enjoy it. :)

Nicki J. Markus / Asta Idonea said...

Hope you'll get a satisfying ending for all your late nights with this one!

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

He went somewhere without a book? Eek, that would do me in!

Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense said...

I quite like that 56 (57) quote. Enjoy your weekend!

Lauren Stoolfire said...

Sounds good! Happy reading. :)

Lauren @ Always Me