Monday 6 August 2018

Run with the Stars

Good morning running buddies.
Since I'm exercising from a different geographical location this morning - in the heart of the midlands, where it feels like an intake of breath will drop my body temperature by a few degrees, and I kid you not, we had to crack the ice on the milk for our morning tea - I spared a thought for those of you usually up with the sparrows and running under a starlit sky, everyday.

In some ways its absolutely gorgeous - the cold, the dark, the fresh, the newness of the day.
And then as you get going and the outside becomes a part of your inside - and it's cold out there, but that's ok, because you're going and you're strong and you'll warm up soon.
Suddenly when you're warm, you feel like you could go forever, never stopping. Not even for traffic, because there is none.
And too soon it's all over, and you need to hurry inside before you cool down too much, and the warmth of the water hitting your skin is the best part of your day.
Now I want to do that before first light tomorrow, don't you?
And I've got just the song for us as we go.
'Cause you're a sky, 'cause you're a sky full of stars

I'm gonna give you my heart
'Cause you're a sky, 'cause you're a sky full of stars
'Cause you light up the path
'Cause you're a sky, you're a sky full of stars

Such a heavenly view
You're such a heavenly view
There aren't many lyrics to this great Coldplay song, but they're perfect for us.


Enjoy your workout, wherever you are and whatever you do.

Last week's Monday Motivation - No excuses


No comments: