Friday 17 August 2018

Friday Books - Pieces of Her

Happy weekend everybody. I love Fridays, because we share books on our favourite linkups.

At Book Beginningshosted by Rose City Reader, you share the first line, and  a few thoughts about the book.


 Here's the beginning of the book I'm featuring today.



What if the person you thought you knew best turns out to be someone you never knew at all . . . ?
Andrea Cooper knows everything about her mother Laura. She’s knows she’s spent her whole life in the small beachside town of Gullaway Island; she knows she’s never wanted anything more than to live a quiet life as a pillar of the community; she knows she’s never kept a secret in her life. Because we all know our mothers, don’t we?
I'm a BIG Karin Slaughter fan, so I can't wait to read this one.



At Freda's Voice, you'll find the Friday56, where the excerpt comes from page 56 or 56% in your Kindle.

Here's page 56 of Pieces of Her by Karin Slaughter.


How different are those covers? I can't decide which I prefer. My book looks like the first one, which usually biases me - but this second one is also really good?

What are you reading this weekend? I'd love to visit your blog and check it out.

8 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I can't wait to get this book! I love this author...and this one sounds especially good. Love the second cover best!

Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

Kathy Martin said...

Sounds intriguing. I hope you are enjoying it. This week I have As Death Draws Near by Anna Lee Huber - a historical mystery. Happy reading!

Roberta said...

The second cover of the eye is a bit more threatening to me, but I like the colors of the top one.

Sounds like Andy is finding out more than she ever wanted to know about her mother. Looks good. Hope you enjoy it.

fredamans said...

Love Slaughter! I need to read this one! Happy weekend!

Catherine @ Book Club Librarian said...

This is bound to be a good story given the author. Enjoy!

Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense said...

Whoa, that 56 makes this one sound like a really interesting read. Hope you enjoy your weekend!

Girl Who Reads said...

I like Karin Slaughter's books. See what we're featuring at Girl Who Reads

Nicki J. Markus / Asta Idonea said...

Hope you enjoy this as much as the others.