Monday 21 August 2017

Tame the crazy

Good morning.

It's time to get out of bed and go for a run.


Thing about that, for me, is that I like to go on one of the routes I usually do, stop for coffee at one of the places I usually stop at, and chat to the friend I usually chat to.

Only she's away, and that may be my catalyst for a lazy lie in this morning...

I know I need to go regardless, but it's so much better when I run with a friend. I can see myself - I'll arrive, breathless before starting running, thoughts all over the place, a thousand things I should be doing, and all the stuff I need to get to storming my little brain like a thousand flies - directionless and frantic. Then I take a breath and start with one foot in front of the other. And step by pounding step, word by word, pant by pant, everything falls into place, order is restored and my world is a calmer place again.

When they say you should run only against yourself, for me that has more than one meaning. I'm not just running to be better at doing this - I run to fight the frantic, to tame the beast, to calm the rage and generally, be a better person.



It's a good thing I do.

Yes, yes we're getting to the song.

I'm singing an oldie - that is in keeping with my untamed mind today. It's Aha's Take on me. Who are you taking on today? Hope you win.



Last week - Scars.
SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments: